About RAAFA Publications
RAAFANSW Publications Pty Ltd, trading as RAAFA Publications, is a not-for-profit company that is fully owned by the NSW Division of the Air Force Association. Established since October 2014, we publish annual ‘Welcome to’ handbooks for the RAAF Bases at Williamtown, Richmond and Glenbrook in NSW, and Edinburgh in SA. A recent addition to our publications is Wings, the official magazine of the Air Force Association, published quarterly.
The RAAFA Publications Board comprises five members as follows:
- Air Vice Marshal (retd) Neil Smith, AM, MBE, BE(Aero), FRAeS – Managing Director;
- Wing Commander (retd) Alan Wylie, DipAeroEng, BLegS – Director and Company Secretary;
- Mr Philip Speet Financial Director, MBA, BBus, FCPA – Financial Director;
- Wing Commander (retd) Peter Ring, AM, AFC – Director
- Group Captain Peter Cluff – ex-officio member as Senior Australian Defence Force Officer (SADFO) at RAAF Base Williamtown.
Résumés for board members can be viewed here.
Our Publishing Team
Coordination of the production of Welcome handbooks is performed by the Managing Director. Wings magazine is managed by Wing Commander (retd) Ron Haack, a former RAAF developmental test pilot currently flying for Qantas.
Editorial. RAAFA Publications’ Chief Editor is Ms Sandy McPhie. She is a widely experienced professional who, over the past 30 years, has been editor of magazines for companies such as Bauer, American Custom Publishing (ACP), Pacific Magazines and NRMA. She has been editing the Welcome to magazines since 2016.
Sandy is supported by the following assistant editors:
a. For Welcome to Handbooks
- Group Captain Greg Weller: Welcome to Edinburgh
- Wing Commander Sue Yates: Welcome to Williamtown
- Flight Lieutenant Eamon Hamilton: Welcome to Richmond & Glenbrook
All our Welcome to assistant editors are members of the RAAF Reserve and are employed in that capacity at the respective bases.
b. For Wings Magazines
- Air Vice Marshal (retd) Bob Treloar, AO, MID: RAAF current affairs;
- Air Vice Marshal (retd) John Kindler, AO, AFC: Aviation Industry;
- Mr Michael Nelms: Aviation History; and
- Mr Aaron Froud: Personal Finance.
Résumés for our Wings assistant editors can be viewed here.
Design. Ms Katie Monin, BDES (Graphic Design); a graphic designer of 20 years’ experience.
Advertising Sales. Our senior sales executive is Ms Sue Guymer who manages clients in NSW, SA and Victoria. She is assisted by Ms Michelle Moesker in Queensland, NT and WA.
Air Force Association (AFA), also referred to as the RAAF Association (RAAFA), is a charitable not-for-profit organisation with Divisions in each state and territory of Australia. We are owned by the NSW Division.
The Air Force Association is committed and dedicated towards:
- Meeting the needs of members and their dependants, especially the ill or incapacitated;
- Providing assistance, advice for advocacy and benefits to the wounded, injured or those with illness caused from their service to their nation;
- Preserving the memory of relatives, friends and veterans who have died;
- Preserving the heritage and traditions of the Royal Australian Air Force;
- Developing the Association to ensure its continued relevance; and
- Securing the means to further these objectives.
Read more about the AFA at http://www.raafa.org.au.